401 Dorothy Street
Lafayette, LA 70501
PIT RIDING RULES
Because the pit riding has been getting out of control and unsafe, we ask that everyone follow the following rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
* Kids under the age of 16 can operate a pit vehicle if:
A. They are wearing a helmet.
B. They are going less than 5mph
C. They are going somewhere with a purpose (examples concession stand, play riding area, friends campers, etc.) We do not want kids “joy” riding in the campground, and kids are also not allowed to go on the spectator trails.
** We will try and have a kid’s pit bike riding area at each event. If we are running late on a Friday we may not be able to make one. If we do not have one set up by Saturday morning parents are more than welcome to help us set one up. Just ask Ryan what to do.**
* ON SUNDAY NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 IS ALLOWED TO RIDE A PIT VEHICLE UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO/FROM YOUR RACE.
* You must be 16 years of age to operate a pit vehicle down any spectator trail or out of the camping area, unless you are going to your race or practice with full gear on.
* Manufacture Regulations for all pit vehicles must be followed. If the pit vehicle states “you must be 16 years of age to operate” you must be 16 years of age to operate it. We do not want young kids operating big ATVs made for adults.
* REMEMBER THERE IS A 5MPH SPEED LIMIT WITHIN THE CAMPGROUND FOR ALL MOTORIZED VEHICLES.
If anyone is not following the pit riding rules you will get one warning. If you are caught breaking the rules again 1 MINUTE will be added to your total race time. If you are not racing the person you came with will get the penalty.